3 May

entrepreneur reads

when Lu and I first moved in together, the first thing I took notice of was how many books he brought with him. as I looked a bit closer, I realized that they were almost all entrepreneurship based books.

when we first moved in together, I wasn’t an entrepreneur and I wasn’t even thinking about entrepreneurship (yet!) thus, I wasn’t interested in those books and never really gave them much thought.

now, as an official entrepreneur, I’m more interested in Lu’s books. I haven’t made much time for reading them (I treat books like TV – I like to zone out and give my brain a break.) however, that’s not exactly conducive to growing my entrepreneurial mindset or using my spare time wisely.

so, as of today, I’m turning over a new leaf and reading some of Lu’s current books on his shelf that he swears by and also, buying a few new ones! my goal? read ONE book a month. I think that’s completely doable. if I can squeeze in more, I will – but one is my goal.

here’s what’s on my list for the summer, by month:

may

june

july

august

shop the post:

do you recommend any good books for business owners?

• Allison C.

"Blue Ocean Strategy" is great! I read it when I was in grad school. It’s very applicable to Inspiralized. ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s very cool to read about Cirque du Soleil’s rise to fame, as well.

Tue May 3 at 7:10 pm Reply

Thanks! I am so excited to read it!

Tue May 3 at 7:19 pm Reply
  • Shelbi

Though not exactly entrepreneurial, to me this book is incredibly motivating especially for health-conscious individuals: Rich Roll’s "Finding Ultra" chronicles his life and going from a floundering alcoholic, to an overweight entertainment lawyer who decided to change his life on his 40th birthday, and in 2 years became an ultra-ironman triathlete, and then went on to do an Ironman triathlon in each of the 5 Hawaiian islands in 7 days. It definitely helped reinvigorate my passion for healthy in my job and is a great reminder of how you can always make dramatic changes to your life ๐Ÿ™‚

Tue May 3 at 7:28 pm Reply
  • Heather

I recently attended a women’s leadership conference and received the book ‘Find Your Extraordinary: Dream Bigger, Live Happier, Achieve Success on Your Own Terms by Embracing the Entrepreneurial Spirit in You’
    by Jessica DiLullo Herrin. Jessica is the founder of Stella & Dot, and I also had the pleasure of hearing her speak. She was completely inspiring and I can’t put her book down! It was published just today, and if you end up reading it, I hope you enjoy it!

-Heather

Tue May 3 at 8:18 pm Reply
  • Kalliope

What Got You Here Won’t Get You There, by Marshall Goldsmith; Mission in a Bottle, by Seth Goldman; Why Quitters Win, by Nick Tasler; To Sell Is Human, by Daniel Pink; and almost anything by Seth Godin.

Wed May 4 at 4:08 am Reply
  • Chea Hall

All great books! Hmmm.. you have given me an idea! I think I will do the same ๐Ÿ™‚ I have Jab Jab Right hook and never finished it. I’ll read that one in May too! Another great one (or, lol a few)
    Entrepreneur Rollercoaster: Darren Hardy