• Carina

The Glass Castle is really good. I also recommend Half-Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls. It’s a "true-life novel" (or fictionalized biography) of her grandmother. We read that for book club and I loved it, which lead me to The Glass Castle, which is different, but also very good. In the same vein, I recommend Ghostbread by Sonja Livingston (WNY author). Enjoy your vacation and all the time for relaxation and reading! All the Best, Carina

Thu June 1 at 12:30 pm Reply

Thanks for the reccos, Carina!

Thu June 1 at 12:52 pm Reply
  • Anna

Must have a date night at Mama’s Fish House – stunning and delicious http://www.mamasfishhouse.com Have fun!

Thu June 1 at 12:48 pm Reply

Already booked it 🙂

Thu June 1 at 12:52 pm Reply
  • Katie

Your strappy sandals link is the Madewell sunglasses link. 🙂

Thu June 1 at 4:15 pm Reply

Fixed the link!

Thu June 1 at 6:28 pm Reply
  • Melissa

I love the gap dresses you picked out they are super cute and really affordable. Too bad they’re sold out online in Canada.

Thu June 1 at 4:17 pm Reply
  • Mandi

Are you planning on doing a post on where you stayed or what you did? I am planning a trip to Hawaii in Sept and have no idea what I want to do there.

Thu June 1 at 4:57 pm Reply

yes I’ll do a full recap! 🙂

Thu June 1 at 6:27 pm Reply
  • Robyn

I have that pitusa sarong (and I’m also obsessed) but be careful! After I washed it one time the pompoms got badly tangled! Even after I untangled it keeps re-tangling! Just FYI since its not cheap!!

Thu June 1 at 6:01 pm Reply

thanks for letting me know!

Thu June 1 at 6:27 pm Reply
  • Kathryn

I am going to be in Maui the same time!! I read through all 60+ comments on the post where you asked for suggestions, it was awesome! Thank you, hah! Love that cover up with the tassels, looking for something like it in non-maternity!

Thu June 1 at 6:15 pm Reply

so glad you found it helpful too!! enjoy your trip!

Thu June 1 at 6:27 pm Reply
  • Paula

As someone who used to live in Hawaii, I suggest one addition to your list: strong sunscreen. The tropical sun is much stronger than on the Mainland! I’ve gotten sunburns on my scalp and ears (ouch) and the soles of my feet (double ouch) lying on the beach. A wide-brimmed hat will help to protect you from the sun as well. Have a wonderful trip! As we say, Maui No Ka Oi – Maui is the best!

Thu June 1 at 6:38 pm Reply
  • Drbbi

Hi Ali, I have been to Hawaii, stayed at one Island only Maui – if you like pineapple, a must is a pineapple plantation, tasting pineapple ice cream. The flight is very long, so bring to do things with you, a book, music, snacks. I am a knitter, so that helps on long flights. Safe travels to you and Lu. ????

Thu June 1 at 6:55 pm Reply
  • Ann G

The Glass Castle is AMAZING!!!! It’s a great book, quick read. And I had to keep reminding myself that it is a biography/non-fiction. Her other books are great too. Have a great time 🙂

Thu June 1 at 7:52 pm Reply
  • Terri

Was in Maui 1 month ago,love love love! Must go to Banana Wind shop in Lahaina, Canary Mall. The best shop for jewelry, kitchen gadgets made in the most unique places! Souvenirs at wonderful prices. There’s a note card you get where everything is from,fabulous. Do the Ocean Vodka Tour,your husband can have your samples. It’s my husband’s favorite Vodka. Mamas Fish House,right on the beach,make it at Sunset if possible. Napili Resort has the best beach for snorkeling and chilling, Sunsets too. And next to that is the Montage Resort,fabulous grounds and awesome trail along the coast. Hope this helps,can’t wait to go back to Napili Resort I’m September

Sat June 3 at 2:41 am Reply
  • Leighe

We do Maui, for four weeks every year. We stay at the Maui Eldorado Kaanapali℠ condos, using VRBO. Not only do we have a condo to cook, when we cook, but the Eldorado is the only place in Maui that has a huge cabana with a full kitchen (microwave, full size stove/oven, full size fridge, dishwasher, big ice machine, plates, silverware, bowls, glasses). We take our food down in the morning and make/cook (have roasted asparagus, cooked pizza, made sandwiches, salad) and played in the ocean or rested on their wonderful lounges out on the cabana deck….when it gets too hot for me I just pull my lounge chair back into the shade. They also provide towels and there are bathrooms and showers there too! So many places to eat and see, we’ve done them all so now we literally go and just relax for two weeks (except for eating out, lol, we still find time for that). Excited to hear what ya’ll did.  Oh, I forgot! The cabana has a camera full time on it so you can just go and watch the ocean anytime (something I like to do when we get back home, kinda makes me feel like home away from home) or people you know can actually see you at the cabana!

Sun June 11 at 4:11 am Reply
  • Leighe

Oops, somehow my brain went to two weeks on the relax part, maybe because it takes us a few days to unwind when we get there. Hate leaving after four weeks but honestly we are so rested by then, it’s time to face the real world again. Much harder for us to adjust coming back. No matter how long you get to go for…..enjoy.

Sun June 11 at 4:15 am Reply
  • Angela

Hey Ali! Just catching up on your blog posts now 🙂 I LOVE hearing your vacation planning process, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one who actually plans out relaxing time.

Heading on our first vacation (my husband and I together) for this year and we’re in a similar situation. Last year at this time we’d already used all of our vacation days!

XOXO,
    Angela

Tue June 20 at 5:01 pm Reply
  • proxies for instagram

Cheapest private proxies – selling prices under $0.15 every proxies! Buy today and get 50 discounted for your proxies package – DreamProxies.com

Sun September 9 at 5:03 am Reply