I’ll be doing monthly pregnancy recaps to document the progress of this pregnancy and hopefully relate to some of you who are pregnant as well or interested in becoming pregnant! in this week’s recap, I’ll be recapping week 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37.
this will probably be my last pregnancy recap until the baby arrives – and then I will, of course, share the baby’s birth story! I love reading birth stories, and I can’t wait to share my own.
the last weeks of my third trimester have basically been a whirlwind. I’ve had to finish my third cookbook and prepare the blog for my ‘maternity leave’, so work-wise, I’ve felt very stressed and busy! luckily, I was able to finish everything by September 1st, which was my goal. I’ll have one more deadline before my due-date for my cookbook, but other than that, I don’t have any more work stress! it feels AMAZING.
the rest of the time, I’ve been devoting to getting us ready for the baby. we had to pack the hospital bag, take all of our prenatal classes, read all the instructional manuals for all of our baby gear (i.e. stroller), install the car seat, and make sure everything is stocked and ready to go. two more weeks left! this is definitely the home stretch and time feels like it is moving very, very slowly.
other than all of the preparations, Lu and I have been getting EXCITED for the baby. once I made it through my work hurdles, it felt like I could finally relax and just enjoy the end of this pregnancy – scheduling massages, mani pedis, lunch dates, sleeping more, and taking more time for laziness and naps. you know, letting my body relax before the baby arrives.
I can’t believe this baby boy will be here any day now! it’s so surreal. I can’t believe I’ve made it this far!
and for those asking:
- I am not getting a baby nurse
- I am not having a doula
- I’m totally open to the epidural, but want to try to go unmedicated if possible
- my mother is flying up from FL and staying in NJ for as long as I need her 🙂
- braxton hicks. I’ve had a lot of BH contractions. it feels like a strong tightening for a bit and my belly turns rock solid. I’ve had them for awhile, but they’ve definitely picked up towards the end.
- discomfort sleeping at night. my belly is just uncomfortable, so it’s hard to turn in the middle of the night and it wakes me up. we’ve also had issues with our AC in our bedroom, so that doesn’t help. I’m also dreaming of the craziest baby-related things! I guess the anxiety is really setting in, eh?
- stronger baby movements. as the baby gets bigger, his kicks and jabs aren’t as spastic, they’re just stronger – and sometimes surprise me/catch me off guard.
- energy boost/nesting. I’ve felt very energized towards the end and have been able to see friends, go out, work out 5-6 days a week, and get what I need to get done. I’ve probably only taken 3 naps this third trimester (and zero in the second trimester!) all I want to do is organize drawers!
- 20 minute bladder. I was worried that I had a seriously weak pelvic floor, because I literally can’t hold my pee in! I’ve timed myself and when I leave the house, I need to use the bathroom within 20-30 minutes or else I feel like I might pee myself. the doctor says it’s all par for the course.
- PMS symptoms. I started getting PMS like symptoms (sore boobs, light cramping in the uterus) around week 37-37.5. I started freaking out that the baby was coming any second, haha! my doctor told me it’s alllll normal.
highlight of the month
probably the baby shower! it was just a fun, festive Sunday and so great to see all of my friends in a room. events like that always make you feel so loved, supported, and special. plus, we got some amazing, thoughtful gifts that I can’t wait to share with the baby boy once he’s here!
and then, probably our maternity shoot! it was quick but made me that much more excited to welcome this baby into the world.
- this belly oil by Zoe Organics – I use this at night for extra moisture and my mama mio tummy butter in the morning.
- this preggers shirt is actually really comfy, I’ve been throwing it on whenever I have to run out the house.
- I’ve been living in this dress – in stripes and black. so comfortable and nursing friendly!
- I’ve worn these KEDS almost every day! super comfortable and easy to slip on for errands.
I accidentally stopped taking bumpie pictures – I just kept forgetting! I post so many bumpies on Instagram, thankfully.